Thursday, January 13, 2011

asigment#5

Island Man (for a Caribbean island man in London who still wakes up the sound of the sea)
by Grace Nichols

Morning
and island man wakes up
to the sound of blue surf
in his head
the steady breaking and
wombingwild seabirds
and fishermen pushing out to sea
the sun surfacing defiantly
from the east
of his small emerald island

He always comes back
groggily groggilycomes back to sands
of a grey metallic soarto a surge of wheels
to dull North Circular roar
muffling muffling his crumpled pillow waves
island man heaves himself
another London day



I would like to wake up most.
 In a peaceful forest\waterfall area.
I chose this place because waking up peacefuly,is a good way to wake up and it reminds me of a fond childhood memory(that I not willing to share) and its like the compleat oppsite of how I wake up which is like this when my alarm goes off"akakakakakakak" at 6:30 in Ottawa.    

No comments:

Post a Comment